A Headmaster’s group meeting held this week saw a general consensus to hold board meetings for this decision to be effected within this week.
Chairman of Milne Bay’s Principals & Headmasters Group Ishamel Aurere was frank, he says they’ve operated without funds the entire term and especially for boarding schools, they are now in the red.
“Especially in terms of sustaining the boarding part of schools, because most of us are boarding institutions. Up until now, we have not heard anything on TFF for this term and it's the only area schools depend on for their operations so as we come towards end of term two, no word on TFF from national Government. It is very unlikely for schools to hold on until the end of the term. Our deliberations last week ended with the advice each school should return to hold emergency board meetings to effect this decision or to come up with alternatives to hold on."