Positions: QUALIFIED TEACHERS
Cheshire disAbility Services PNG, is a leading Disability Service Provider Organization in PNG with programs in NCD and Central Province, Milne Bay and Autonomous Region of Bougainville. Cheshire aims to make a positive difference to the lives of People with Disabilities, their families and care givers, by creating Opportunities for Inclusion, Participation and an Environment in which they are treated with dignity and respect.
In line with Department of Education 2018 gazette notice for teaching positions, Cheshire is inviting expression of interest from qualified PNG teachers who would like to be part of the Cheshire Education team in 2018.The successful teachers will be expected to administer quality teaching for children in the inclusive resource setting as well as supporting the learning needs for children with disabilities through home based education, mainstreaming and building the capacity of mainstream teachers to manage children with disabilities in mainstream settings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Tertiary Education from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Teachers Service Commission and the Department of Education.
- Experience in Inclusive Education Resource settings would be an added advantage.
- All Applicants MUST be on the Government TSC Payroll.
- Have specialised trainings/skills on specific or range of disability categories from recognised institutions.
- Meeting the standards of Department of Education for Resource Centre postings.
Other mandatory competencies and Conditions include:
- Excellent Communication, Facilitation and Report Writing skills.
- Must be a Team Player, Sober Character, Excellent Attitude and Ready to Learn.
- Besides all the above, the Coordinator position requires Proven Effective People Management Skills, Transparent Actions and Accountable Leadership.
- Successful Applicants MUST have their own accommodation arrangements in Port Moresby.
Interested candidates should submit their applications with support documents not later than 12
th October 2018 addressed to: The School Board Chairman, Cheshire disAbility Services PNG P.O. Box
1306, Boroko or hand delivery to Cheshire at Hohola, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: National Capital District, Papua New Guinea
Industry: Non Government Organisations (NGOs)
NB/This is Cheshire’s own initiative and NOT a gazette notice from the DoE. Only short-listed
candidates will be contacted.