THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University:
Department of Applied Sciences
The Department of Applied Sciences offers a 4-year B.Sc. degree programme in two strands namely Applied Chemistry and Food Technology. The Department also teaches chemistry as a service subject to the Engineering, Agriculture and the Forestry Departments. The research areas in the Department include; Food Processing/Engineering, Food Safety (Microbiology/Hygiene and Sanitation), Food Fermentation, Nutrition, Environmental Chemistry, Natural Products, Analytical Chemistry, Co-ordination Chemistry and General Physical, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry.
* Providing technical support for the Applied Chemistry section to ensure that preparation of class materials for undergraduate practical classes, and technical services to assist postgraduate research are accomplished.
* Assisting with laboratory sessions in the Applied chemistry section and being able to prepare solutions for laboratory experiments.
* Laboratory housekeeping and maintenance of the laboratories used for undergraduate practical lessons.
* Assisting undergraduate students in their research projects
* Proper storage and handling of chemicals
* Perform any other duties as directed by the Laboratory Manager and/or the Head of Department.
Skills & Qualifications
The following attributes are required of the successful candidate:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry.
* At least 2 years of post-graduation academic/industrial laboratory experience, or a combination of both.
* Experience in Good Laboratory Practices and able to keep abreast with new technologies in the area of laboratory systems.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines, and apply continuous improvement principles.
* Must have well-developed administrative skills, Information Technology (IT) literacy, and great personality.
* Ability to work with diverse teams, including academic staff.
The candidate is required to demonstrate necessary experience with analytical instruments such as atomic absorption spectrometry, high performance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, UV-vis spectrophotometry, pH meters, and wet chemistry techniques.
Condition of Service:
Base Salary: PGK24, 089.00 – PGK34, 742.00
Domestic Market Allowance of PGK1, 200 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
Detailed application with curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and addresses (including email addresses and phone numbers) of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer, if any, should be sent to the address below:
PNG University of Technology,
Private Mail Bag,
Papua New Guinea
Applicants are encouraged to email all applications to email@example.com
* Deadline for all applications is on the 12th of February, 2021.
* ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
* Housing is a condition of employment
Next : WestPac Bank PNG Graduate Program 2021
JOBs in the Education Sector in Papua New Guinea
Teaching Jobs in PNG
On this page we list Teaching jobs in the Education Sector in Papua New Guinea. If your school has a teaching vacancy, you can contact us to list it on this site and we will post the Vacancies notices free of charge : Contact us on this email: PNGedunews@gmail.com