Save the Children has been supporting communities in PNG since 1978, working across all regions of the country. We're committed to be a platform for transformative and lasting change for children, their families and their communities. Western eLearning is an exciting new education project that focuses on improving learning outcomes for children aged 4-8 through improved school readiness, enhanced quality of teaching in literacy and numeracy and a focus on school completion for girls and children with disabilities. We are building a team in the Western Province and seek you to be the e-Learning Team Leader.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We're ambitious, collaborative and creative. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence.
Where you come in:
In this full time, 6-month maximum term contract, leading a team of 18 direct reports across 4 role types, you will have over-arching responsibility for the successful delivery of quality outcomes under the Western e-Learning project. Based in Western district, you will part of the project team and report directly to the Deputy Country Director - Program Implementation.
You will make an impact by:
- Leading all planning, implementation, budgeting and reporting for the Western e-Learning project
- Leading the development of project technical materials including training programs and manuals
- Inspiring and leading your team to achieve project outcomes
- Establishing monitoring and controlling systems to ensure successful project progress
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with donors, project partners, provincial government and National Department of Education
This role requires:
- Significant experience in an education project management role, ideally within the development sector
- Tertiary qualification/s in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in early grades education technical knowledge including the development and delivery of training resources
- Proven ability to lead a project team to effectively coordinate resources and drive successful outcomes
- Strong English language skills and an ability to communicate with diverse audiences
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It's the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. We offer:
- Accommodation + basic utilities
- Mobilization and demobilization airfares
- A friendly and flexible work environment
We'd love to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and current resume by clicking on one of the buttons in the 'Apply' section below. Your cover letter (2 pages maximum) should address the selection criteria, and your resume should include the contact details of two recent referees.
Position Description - eLearning Team Leader
Applications close at Monday 7 January 2019.
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society - in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs - and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment and psychometric assessment to help us determine your suitability for the role.
Save the Children in Papua New Guinea is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, reference checks and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Send for Expression of Interest to
Phone:+(675) 323 7061
Address:CHM Corporate Park One, Level 1, Suite 6 – 7 |Sect 496, Lot 26 | Gordons