Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST) (In Korea) is a public science and engineering university located in Daegu Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea. In 2004, the Korean Government established DGIST as a research institute to promote national science and technology.
Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology simply referred to as DGIST, is one of the four public universities in South Korea which are dedicated to research in science and technology, along with KAIST, GIST, and UNIST. DGIST has been growing as a leading university of science and engineering with its aim to facilitate national advancement by nurturing talented individuals through its innovative convergence education and research.
This scholarships is for pursuing postgraduate (Masters & PhD) studies for the duration of 2 years for masters and 4 years for PhD.
Study Subject: Digital image processing, Signal processing, or Fourier optics Computer vision or Machine Learning.
- Monthly Allowance of 1,200,000 won(KRW) for PhD student and 800,000 won for Master student
- Tuition fees for study period for all graduate students
- Extra allowances based on research performance.
- DPF (DGIST Presidential Fellowship)
- Special scholarship : 3,000,000 KRW / semester
- Research scholarship: Max. 10,000,000 KRW
- Study abroad scholarship: Max. 16,584,000 KRW
Number of Scholarships: 2 Scholarships are provided.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1, 2018.
- For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students should hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree.
- For Doctoral program: students should hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
- Important Requirements: Official English Score should be over 90 in TOEFL or 7.0 in IELTS.
- Academic transcripts.
- A brief summary of most recent thesis and the status (eg accepted, in progress, submitted, etc).
- CV (to include names, education, work experience, publications).
- Copy of official English score (TOEFL or IELTS score should be submitted).
- Letter of recommendation(s) signed and sealed
- Personal statement and study plan(clearly stating the research topics you are interested in).
- Supplementary Documents
- Copy of the applicant’s passport
Get Application Form visit : Official Website
Deadline: May 3, 2018