Papua New Guinea Education Advocacy Network (PEAN) was established in 2003 by Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to advocate on basic and adult education policy and key education program issues in Papua New Guinea in line with EFA and now Education 2030. PEAN is a national coalition of civil society organizations with the aim of engaging the Government of Papua New Guinea and other stakeholders on national education policy, to help ensure that all Papua New Guineans have access to good quality and inclusive publically-provided education. The program's office is located in Port Moresby.
PEANs mission is to advocate for better national education policy and resourcing so that its citizens can become empowered and achieve sustainable livelihoods. PEAN promotes access to equitable, inclusive and quality education including literacy, numeracy, basic livelihood skills, and lifelong learning opportunities for all people.
PEAN aims to:
• to provide a focal point through which civil society can contribute to education policy debates;
• provide knowledge in building awareness on the SDG4 agenda, targets and indicators at the national level.
• to undertake research on education policy issues;
• to act as an information source for civil society organisations with an interest in education;
• to strengthen the capacity of its members, and civil society more broadly, to participate actively and with authority in public debates on education.
PEAN is funded by the Civil Society Education Fund (CSEF) and is a unique and ambitious global programme that supports citizen engagement in education sector policy, planning, budgeting and monitoring. Through this work CSEF aims to influence policy change particularly around education financing, inclusion & equity and quality learning to advance and ensure accountability of global and national education goals. CSEF was set up in 2009 through the support of the Global Partnership for Education, and has received funding almost consistently from GPE since.
PNG Education Talk : Inspirations & Issues
Send us your Education Viewpoints,questions,quiz. We will publish them here. If you want to answer a question, please click on the "Add comments" or 'Comment' button just below each post.
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG