PEANs mission is to advocate for better national education policy and resourcing so that its citizens can become empowered and achieve sustainable livelihoods. PEAN promotes access to equitable, inclusive and quality education including literacy, numeracy, basic livelihood skills, and lifelong learning opportunities for all people.
PEAN aims to:
• to provide a focal point through which civil society can contribute to education policy debates;
• provide knowledge in building awareness on the SDG4 agenda, targets and indicators at the national level.
• to undertake research on education policy issues;
• to act as an information source for civil society organisations with an interest in education;
• to strengthen the capacity of its members, and civil society more broadly, to participate actively and with authority in public debates on education.
PEAN is funded by the Civil Society Education Fund (CSEF) and is a unique and ambitious global programme that supports citizen engagement in education sector policy, planning, budgeting and monitoring. Through this work CSEF aims to influence policy change particularly around education financing, inclusion & equity and quality learning to advance and ensure accountability of global and national education goals. CSEF was set up in 2009 through the support of the Global Partnership for Education, and has received funding almost consistently from GPE since.