Primary and elementary teachers in Port Moresby organized themselves to celebrate World Teachers Day.
Yesterday, eight primary and elementary schools from Moresby North West Electorate gathered at Tatana Village to mark the occasion.
Teachers from four primary schools and four elementary schools from the surrounding Baruni and Tatana areas gathered to mark World Teachers Day.
Though it was a day for celebrations, teachers took the time to reflect on the hardships and challenges that they have to overcome each day.
Although many counted the hardship, some are grateful to be in the teaching profession.
A message from the General Secretary of PNG Teachers Association Ugwalubu Mowana called for the government to address industrial and professional needs of teachers.
Mr.Mowana also made a call to all teachers to be professional in their conduct both in and out of the classroom.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG