A new Secondary School for Karkar Island is expected to be operational by 2016.
This is to address the growing number of students and the limited spacing for grade nine students each year.
Recently, Sumkar Education Program Manager, Poi Sos, presented K30, 000 to the chairman of the Planning Committee, Mathew Kumi, to initiate preparations for the establishment of the new Anul Lutheran High School.
Kumi told PNG Loop that with only one secondary school currently on the island, around 30 per cent of students advance from grade eight to nine each year.
“Each year Karkar have about 1500 plus students who sit for the National Grade 8 examination but only 50 are accepted to Karkar Secondary School and this leaves out a very large portion of young people out of the education system,” he said.
The School will be built at the old Lutheran Tok Ples Skul at Kubam village.
No financial support is been given yet by Sumkar MP Ken Fairweather. PNGLOOP
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
Search Education Database >>