JIWAKA students attending the Simbu Teachers College have been given K143,000 by North Waghi MP Fabian Pok.
It is to cover tuition fees for the 143 students from the electorate.
Pok’s secretary Wilfred Kulno said human resource development was crucial.
“Other institutions are receiving their share according to the information provided by the students.”
Five students doing their Masters degrees in different disciplines have also received their sponsorship component.
Kulno assured the students that Pok was keen on investing in education and will double the amounts next year.
A total of K1.3 million from this year’s DSIP funds has been used to pay fees for tertiary students.
College principal Clement Kaupa said such investment was a positive initiative.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG