The education sector once again received the biggest slice of the cake in the 2014 National Budget Passed today.
The sector received 1.5 billion kina, an increase of 158.7 million kina.
This includes 358.3 million kina from donor grants and loans.
The sector includes the delivery of primary, secondary and tertiary education through the department of education, the office of higher education and the national universities.
Meantime, the health sector has been allocated over One Thousand Three Hundred million kina.
This is Thee Hundred and Seventy Two million kina higher that in 2013.
The biggest investment in the health sector for 2014 is the hospital infrastructure redevelopment package valued at Two Hundred and Sixty Seven Million kina.
The budget was announced in the state function room.
The lock up comprised of the media, donor organisations, government and non-governmental organizations.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG