STUDENTS at Divine Word University in Madang staged a cultural day, showcasing the unique cultures and traditions of the country’s 22 provinces last Saturday.
Hundreds of residents and visitors flocked to the campus to see the variety of cultures and traditions on display.
The highlight of the event was the involvement of parents and relatives who travelled to the campus with the costumes and assisted their sons and daughters don their traditional attire to perform.
The day was a culmination of several weeks of planning including a week of rehearsals every night. Some parents and relatives were on hand to teach their children songs and dances.
The cultural day is an annual university event.
It sets aside the day in August for the students to appreciate and acknowledge their indigenous cultures and traditions.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
Search Education Database >>