Kerevat National High School is located in the Gazelle District in East New Britain. The PNG Government has changed the name to "Kerevat School of Excellence". It is a boarding school and has a students population of 800 and teaching staff of 38. The school is run by the government. The school has only Grade 11 and 12. Students study some of subjects below: English, Mathematics A, Maths B, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
History, Economics, Accounting, Business Studies, Geography, Physical Education
Basic Facts about Kerevat National High School
School Code : 65810
School Name: KEREVAT NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
Boarding Status: B
School Status: OPERATING
Address: The Principal Kerevat National High School C/-Division of Education P O Box 922 Rabaul East New Britain Province
Sector Code: NHS
Ward_ Code: 65010118
Ward Name: KEREVAT TOWNSHIP
Llgv Code: 650101
Llgv Name: CENTRAL GAZELLE RURAL
District Code: 6501
District Name: GAZELLE
Province Code: 65
Province Name: EAST NEW BRITAIN PROVINCE
Agency Code: GOV
Agency Name: GOVERNMENT
Schld ID: 12071
School Laitude: 152.04
School Longitude: -4.35
The School of Excellence concept was introduced by PNG government in 2009 in a meeting in Wabag. The concept is now being tried out at Sogeri, Passam, Kerevat, Aiyura, Port Moresby and Wawin National High Schools and Kabiufa Secondary School . The government has tasked the Department of Education to immediately start work on the concept and begin the implementation in 2013.
The following are 13 major NEC decisions.
1. Convert/Change National High Schools to Schools of Excellence. DoE to make necessary structural changes to re-focus the current National High School system.
2. 5% of the top students to be selected to attend School of Excellence. DoE to project figures and advice NEC appropriately.
3. 1% of the top SoE students to be selected for specialist education abroad. DoE to project the figure and advice NEC appropriately, as well as advice whether or not to increase the number of students to 5% to 10% etc based on student subject choices.
4. DoE to develop budgets for National High Schools rehabilitation.
5. Establish and standardize all Schools of Excellence requirements.
o Classrooms standards
o Teacher standards
o Curriculum standards
o Student standard
o Teachers houses standards
o Laboratory standards
o Library standards
o ICT standards
o Messing and food standards
6. SoE curriculum must be internationally compatible. Realign or re-structure all SoE curriculums for all sciences, social sciences, mathematics, economics, technological and technical programs par with the international best practice.
7. Design and develop a School of Excellence detail budget
8. Develop a School of Excellence Policy. The policy must be fully costed out.
9. Select specialist scientific, technological and technical courses for all sciences, technological and technical programs in preparation for students study abroad.
10. National government will provide scholarship for students in School of Excellence and study abroad. Develop a detail budget
11. Implementation of School of Excellence to begin in 2013
12. Approved Kerevat, Aiyura, Sogeri, Port Moresby, Wawin and Passam national high schools and Kabiufa secondary school to be Schools of Excellence. DoE to advice NEC whether or not to expand the School of Excellence to selected secondary schools in the regional provinces.
13. Identify specialist scientific, technological and technical course abroad. DoE to advice NEC appropriate
SECONDARY Schools in PNG
We provide general information about schools in Papua New Guinea
Whether you are an early childhood, kindergarten, elementary, primary, high school, secondary, National High School, college or a university we would like to list your institutions profile on this website. It is FREE of charge.