WEWAK Rural LLG president Francis Hevu has allocated K160,000 for work to start on a new high school at Passam next month.
Speaking at the opening of four classrooms at Yawasoro Central Primary last Friday, Hevu said a new high school was in line with the government’s policy to improve the quality of education for children.
The commitment by Hevu was in response to the provincial education plan for each of the six districts and LLGs in the province to have their own high school to accommodate children passing out from Grade 6 from 2016.
“My job is to deliver and I would like to thank the government for putting money straight into the LLGs from this year,” he said.
“Our first K200,000 of the K500,000 LLGSIP for this year is ready and I will be moving this money to ensure that our priority areas will start to improve. The National
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG