THE University of Technology in Lae needs more funds than the K44.5 million allocated annually to it, acting Vice-Chancellor Dr Kaul Gena says.
He said 75% of the allocation covered mostly staff salaries and could not cater for its other needs.
Gena made the remark last Friday after National Gaming Control Board chairman Leslei Hoffman delivered a 10-seater vehicle to its Department of Surveying and Lands Studies.
“The university had been in deficit. Every year we start at K44.5m, which goes through the recurrent expenditure. And based on that, 75% is consumed by salary for staff,” Gena said.
“So we really don’t have a budget to cater for our transport needs because of the financial constraint. Some of the departments are basically running their programmes without a transport.”
Hoffman said the board was there to help.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG