TWO boys returning from a school graduation ceremony died after they were hit by a vehicle last Thursday.
Attempts to get a full report from acting police commander David Yapu on Friday were unsuccessful as he was still waiting for his officers to compile a report on the accident.
But it is understood that the accident happened on the Vunakabi Road, Vunadidir, in Gazelle, East New Britain.
Others were admitted at the hospital with bruises and injuries. Hospital sources said the boys were cousins.
Eyewitnesses said the accident happened late last Thursday afternoon when the boys and others were returning from the Malabunga Secondary School’s graduation ceremony.
Witnesses said the vehicle was overloaded with adults and children, most of them from the Toma area in Gazelle.
Witnesses said the driver of the vehicle fled the scene but was later caught and bashed by people.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG