THE effects of absenteeism are far more serious than parents realise and likely to curtail development of children, Lanakapi Lutheran Primary School head teacher Willie Vilakiva says.
Vilakiva led board members and guest speakers in challenging hundreds of parents, who witnessed the school’s Grade 8 graduation, not to be lazy but be proactive in their children’s development.
“One day of being absent, a student will miss seven to eight lessons, it’s important for all students to attend classes,” Vilakiva said.
He said making sure students benefited from the Education Department’s tuition fee free policy should be encouragement enough for parents to make sure their kids attended school and played their part.
National secretary of Lutheran education division John Larandiloloa told students that the onus was on them individually whether they progressed in their studies.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG