Students celebrating the end of the examination weeks often turn nasty when alcohol gets involved.
The sleepy town of Kavieng in New Ireland Province recorded a number of alcohol related incidents and the arrests of students over the weekend.
Kavieng Police Station Constable David Tolimo told PNG Loop that most assault incidents recorded since Friday involved drunken students and their relatives who were out after exam parties.
Saturday morning saw three students from the Mangai Secondary School , a United Church agency school, arrested for being in possession of illicit alcohol and causing disturbances to the community.
The three were part of a group of students who went into binge drinking right after their exams on Friday.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG