GRADE 12 school leavers have increased by around 4000 this year according to Gazelle MP and Minister for Higher Education, Science and Technology Malakai Tabar.
He said from 18,000 in 2013, the number of grade 12 students has gone up to 22,000 this year and despite the increase, spaces available in universities remain at around 5000.
Mr Tabar said this was a big challenge for the government and they have been working hard to persuade universities to accept more students and at the same time provide more institutions as well as facilities for higher education learning.
He also said they have increased the scholarship value from K40 million to K78 million for the 2015 academic year.
However, there was still no space for more students in universities.
Mr Tabar was speaking at the commissioning of a rural electrification project at Vunagogo in Gazelle District.
He also highlighted plans in place to implement early childhood learning for children ages between 4 and 5.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
Search Education Database >>