MAPRIK MP John Simon has initiated a scholarship scheme to sponsor a student with skills needed in the district.
Simon, who paid tuition fees to the University of PNG and Pacific Adventist University students last week, said the scheme would promote human resources to go back and develop the district.
He said: “We will assist all the students with such skills if they can come forward and express their interests.”
Maprik is this year assisting UPNG Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MMBS) student Cornelius Pila by paying his tuition fees.
Pila, after graduating, will go back to the district to work there.
Simon said there were a lot of Maprik students with skills, which were needed in the district but who could not continue their education because of lack of school fees.
“I am encouraging those students to come forward and express their interests and seek district’s financial support,” he said.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
Search Education Database >>