CHILDREN in Ralalar ward, Gazelle district, East New Britain, are celebrating the opening of a new double classroom at the Ralalar Elementary School.
For so many years, the children from Ralalar and neighbouring wards have been using two small rooms that could only accommodate 75 children.
With the opening of the new classroom, the intake can increase to 100 children next year.
The funding for the two-classroom building was from the AusAID programme (K78,676), provincial government (K10,000), Ralalar elementry school board K10,000, Ralalar ward development committee K10,000 and Divulcan Limited K10,000.
The double classroom was an initiative of the former ward councillor Bellie Ronnie and her ward development committee.
She thanked ward members for participating in the project.
“Without your participation we would have not seen this dream come into reality,” she said.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG