The National Government is developing a plan to help government-run universities make their own money.
Prime Minister Peter O'Neil has written to Higher Education, Research Science and Technology Minister Malakai Tabar, to immediately talk with various universities, so a policy is developed to be funded in next year's budget.
Mr. O'Neil says talks can include business ideas used by universities, and ways their assets and professional services can make them money.
He says universities can also consider moving into real estate business using vacant land, houses and flats.
Mr. O'Neil says, universities have the potential to generate more revenue to sustain many of their operations.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG