THE Minister for Education, Nick Kuman confirmed yesterday that the Outcomes-Based Education curriculum will be scrapped next year.
Kuman said the curriculum would be replaced with the Standard Based Education system.
Parents and teachers had argued that the OBE curriculum resulted in students’ poor grades and this was supported by the Commission for Higher Education head Avia Kosen.
Kuman did not elaborate on the exit of the OBE but said there were some issues he had to deal with.
He said the OBE had created a huge problem. He said the Education Department would train more teachers to tackle the increasing number of students enrolled in schools.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG