TEACHERS teaching at Lihir Islands School have called on the authorities to investigate the payment of the Mining Enclave Allowance (MEA) that has not been paid to them.
In a press statement last week, teachers want the 5% MEA payment paid to their salaries.
They said the investigation should also find out why teachers on the island were not paid the allowance, which had been paid to public servants in resource project areas since 1995, when it was approved by the Government.
Otis Moab, head master of the Londolovit Urban Primary School, said: “Every year, teachers on the island have been commencing the school year by filling out Mining Enclave Allowance claim forms along with their resumption duty forms but they have never received this allowance in their salaries.”
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad