The Government’s tuition fee free (TFF) policy should be implemented by schools and their respective boards in East New Britain, acting deputy provincial administrator Wilson Matava said.
He said the policy must be embraced and supported by the provincial government and administration through the education division and implemented in schools.
He highlighted the message during a meeting between secondary school principals, boards of governors and chairmen and provincial administration to iron out issues related to TFF and overcharging of project fees by schools.
Matava said the purpose of the meeting was to find out why principals and boards charged and collected fees beyond the K200 project fee limit set by the Government through the provincial education board.
Matava said the administration understood the extra charges were meant for uniforms, but formal notices endorsed by the PEB had gone out to schools not to charge uniform fees as it was against the TFF policy.
Kokopo secondary, Malabunga secondary, Utmei secondary, Maltech secondary, Kambubu high, OLSH Vunapope secondary and Vuvu secondary agreed to refund money paid above K200 to parents after reconciliation of their accounts by mid this year.
All government schools were to receive 40% payment of their school subsidies in February except Kambubu secondary while the remaining 60% was expected by the end of July.
Matava sympathised with schools that required more funding to expand vital projects and meet the demands of enrolment.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG