The National Executive Council has recently approved a 2013 nationwide school progressive report and endorsed K1.5 million to extend the survey to June 2014.
Prime Minister Peter O’Neill said Cabinet has taken note of the problems and delays of the project in terms of funding and implementation and has endorsed K1.5 million to extend the survey.
Prime Minister Hon. Peter O’Neill said NEC also approved the Smart (i) Technology as a tool for data collection, uploading and transmission from schools to the Department of Education for purposes of achieving quality in school infrastructure, teachers output and students performances.
The nationwide school survey taskforce commenced work in May 2013 to trial the transmission of survey data using the Smart (i) Technology.
The Prime Minister said the project will bring a lot of benefits to the country, which included among others:
- The production of more accurate and factual data, which will be used as a planning tool for the national government in formulating its fiscal and monetary policies;
- The Department of Education will use the data to better perform its administrative and regulatory functions as required under the Education Act;
- Accuracy of data will win confidence of donors and other stakeholders;
- Establish the real cost of education in Papua New Guinea;
- Improve morale of the department, teachers and students; and
- Accurate budget projections and administration of government policies on Tuition Fee Free, TFF commodity supplies and compulsory education.
“This exercise will enable Open Members of Parliament to learn and know the facts, problems, status of TFF funding, and Board of Management problems about schools in their districts,” he said.
“With the data collected, we can allocate resources appropriately and address the issues better,” the Prime Minister said.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG