SIXTEEN youths from Nondugl, in North Waghi, Jiwaka, are grateful to Rotary International for learning some life-skills in a two-week workshop.
The youths, including school leavers, and those who never had any form of life-skills training or education, learnt a range of skills including carpentry, painting, concrete-mixing and safety measures in work stations.
The Rotary club provided them with safety boots, new Hard Yakka uniform shirts, trousers, helmets, hand gloves and glasses.
Papua New Guinea Social Welfare and Community Development chairman Frank Goi said the youths were fortunate to have life skills training.
They can use their skills to build their own houses and engage in other job opportunities to earn a living,” Goi said.
He said this was not the first time Rotarians supported in shaping Jiwaka.
They have been supporting Jiwaka over the past six years.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG