DEPUTY Opposition leader Sam Basil says free education and health care are part of the obligations of a responsible government and not exclusive to any one political party.
Basil told Pangu Pati members in Lae last Saturday that political parties should consider the obligations and functions of the government before setting up their party policies.
He said the current tuition fee-free policy and free health care was obligations of the Government.
“In any democratic country around the world including PNG, tuition fee-free education and free health care are the responsibility of any governmentto provide to its citizens,” Basil said.
He said they must understand that they were part of any government’s roles and responsibilities to provide such services for free.
Morobe Deputy Governor Judas Nalau thanked Basil for always speaking the truth.
“Basil speaks the truth with honesty and without fear or favour.
“In Morobe, we honour his leadership calibrer to lead Bulolo, the province as the leader of Pangu Pati, and Deputy Opposition leader.”
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad