THE Northern education board has approved funding for training of elementary teachers in the province.
Provincial education adviser Vegoli Maino said the board had approved K28,000 in April and training was expected to take place in September.
Vegoli confirmed that about 110 elementary teachers had not been paid for over three years due to non-completion of the trainer directed teacher training programme (TDTT).
He said teachers were not paid because they did not complete the modules required under the TDTT programme.
Vegoli said once they had completed the training, the teachers would be registered and put on payroll.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG