LAE Secondary School started their term one break early on April 8 due to a fight between members of the public and couple of students from other secondary schools in the city.
A student said they did not know why the fighting started last Friday at Eriku.
“Lae Secondary finished classes at 1.40pm on Friday and were on their way out, the fight erupted and that destroyed a couple of mobile phone top up seller’s tables, as well as causing injuries to several students and the members of the public.”
Fearing retaliation against the students, the students representative council (SRC) and a couple of senior students requested for early holiday to avoid any possible fights.
“We are still afraid they might come attack us since our school is just a few metres to Eriku,” the students said
Papua New Guinea education news services
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
Search Education Database >>