Flexible, Open and Distance Education (FODE) project is the way forward in distance learning for school leavers, an official says.
FODE is the Government’s initiative in partnership with World Bank.
FODE principal Demas Tongogo said the project was initiated in 2011 when the Government saw the need to improve the quality of distance learning curricla and availability of instructional materials.
“Student population in the classroom has gone up and with issues such as teacher student ration, classroom availability; the system is being challenged across the country,” he said.
“Because of that, the government has decided to strengthen and improve FODE to allow those that cannot make it in the classroom to come to FODE, as it targets mostly out of school youths.
Get Education News through Email: Subscribe Now
- New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Australian Government Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
- Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Japanese Government Scholarships
- European Union Scholarships
- ADB Scholarships
- Korean Government Scholarship
- US Scholarships
- Indian Government Scholarships
- Taiwan Scholarships
- Scholarships for Study Abroad
- Foreign Teachers
- National Teachers
- Private Engagements
Applying for Teaching
- Work Permit
- Work Visa
- Coming to PNG
- About PNG
- Teaching in PNG